About the project
SUSTOUKA is an EU-funded project that promotes the implementation of SCP practices and aims at boosting the transformation of Kazakhstan towards an inclusive green economy by enhancing the sustainability and competitiveness of its tourism sector as a key sector for the country.
SUSTOUKA project seeks proposals from tourism specialists to fulfill the tasks of coaches on tourism sustainability through providing the following services:
- Support the project target group (tour operators and accommodation businesses) in preparation for the Travelife – Sustainability in Tourism certification process by providing individual and group coaching and consulting in person and online
- Co-develop training and other support materials on sustainable tourism for the Kazakh beneficiaries
- Participate in other project activities related to value chain analysis of destinations, training and capacity building, publications and outreach.
- Bachelor's Degree in Tourism and Hospitality, Business Administration, Environmental Studies, Sustainability management, or related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in tourism;
- Understanding the concepts of sustainable development and sustainable tourism;
- Excellent organizational, communication and technical skills;
- Self-starter attitude, willingness to learn and an interest in sustainable tourism;
- Oral and written fluency in English, Russian and Kazakh.
- Candidates should be available for online Travelife training on the following days: 10, 12, 14, 18, 20 January 2022 (9:00-12:30 CET).
- Preference will be given to candidates based in Almaty and Almaty region.
- The coach will be working remotely and "in the field" by meeting with coached tourism businesses and hotels in person, mainly in Almaty and Almaty region
- The coach will be engaged on a part-time basis and the monthly level of effort will be agreed with SUSTOUKA.
- The successful candidates will be hired on a contract-basis for a period of 3 to 12 months.
- Work will start after the Travelife training is completed, that is after January 20th, 2022.
- Join an international, EU-funded project
- Expand your knowledge and gain experience in sustainable tourism
- Become part of a global network of like minded professionals
- Flexible working conditions - adjust working schedule to your needs
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 7th, 2022.
Candidates should be available for an interview between 10-15th of January 2022.